MONZA is a chromium plated, pure-bred roadster equipped with the Sturmey Archer Duomatic 2-speed hub or as MONZA S with the wonderful Schlumpf Speed Drive.
The typical characteristics of the handcrafted BELLA CIAO diamond frame has been maintained as with all our roadsters. The MONZA is handcrafted from Dedacciai tubing by our master frame builders in Northern Italy. This tube set is lightweight and versatile – just as one would expect from a true classic.
Its long wheelbase and compact center of gravity make this frame perfect for a lightweight roadster. Gliding through the city on an MONZA is a silent and razor-sharp cycling sensation.
As with all BELLA CIAO bikes the MONZA is extremely versatile. It is a fantastically elegant bike – yet with the precision of a sports tool.
The hand-polished BELLA CIAO Componenti Speciali CS2A alloy handlebars are manufactured in Germany fitted with a ITM NOS (New old stock) racing stem in wet black with a Tange Seiki polished headset. Pedals are MKS Stream.
The MONZA comes with the iconic Gilles Berthoud ‘Aspin’ leather saddle and matching leather bar tape
MONZA – Sturmey Archer Duomatic
The ‘invisible’ Sturmey Archer Duomatic does a remarkable job in preserving the pure and minimal aesthetics of our MONZA, yet it offers a 2-speed hub operated by a so-called ‘Kick Shift’ (meaning: you give the crank an short kick back impulse to shift gears). Thus Sturmey Archer Duomatic offers an overdrive of 1:1.35).
MONZA S – Schlumpf Speed Drive
Swiss engineer Florian Schlumpf developed a planetary gearing system integrated into the crank set.
Direct shifting via push buttons or “easy-shift” – levers on both ends of the spindle. No cables, no rods.
Schlumpf Speed Drive has two switch positions: direct drive 1:1, and an overdrive of 1:1.65
Schlumpf Speed Drive lends the bike quite a remarkable acceleration. Ideal for accelerating virtually out of nowhere when shooting through parks and avenues.
Every MONZA can also be purchased with Gilles Berthoud fenders, rear rack, kick stand, and/or with dynamo powered lights.
- Roadster, chromium plated, handcrafted from Dedacciai tube set
- Gearing options:
- Sturmey Archer Duomatic
- Schlumpf Speed Drive
- Lugged steel frame, hand-made in Italy
- Dedacciai tube set, double butted
- 6mm-thick horizontal dropouts
- Frame and fork fully chromium plated
- Available in frame sizes: 21.3”*, 22.4”, 24”, 24.8″* (centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube) (*requires pre-order)
- Headset Tange Seiki, polished alloy
- Racing Stem, alloy, hand polished
- Handlebar BELLA CIAO Componenti Speciali, stainless steel, made in Germany
- Brakes Tektro R559, forged alloy, high polish silver with cartridge brake pads in high polish black
- Rims polished alloy, 28 inch, double wall, eyelets, 2mm stainless spokes
- S-A track hub front, S-A Duomatic hub rear (with Sturmey Archer Duomatic)
- Miche Primato front and rear (with Schlumpf Speed Drive)
- Tires Continental Sport Contact, Semi-Slicks, 32mm
- Crankset Sturmey Archer
- Pedals MKS Sylvan Stream, alloy polished / black
- Gilles Berthoud saddle ‘Aspin’ (nature), Gilles Berthoud bar tape leather (nature)
- Total weight of bicycle: around 11kg