A friend and avid INGEGNERE rider asked what we would think about straight bars. – The REPORTER is our answer. – of course named after Michelangelo Antonioni’s wonderful movie “Professione Reporter” (1975) with Jack Nicholson and Maria Schneider in the main roles.
And of course from its looks and handling the REPORTER is slightly more aggressive than our other roadsters.
The characteristics of the straight bar gives the bicycle an overall aesthetic impression for ‘’stop-and-go’’ rapid maneuvering in the urban jungle. The REPORTER handles extremely well with effectless movement of the wrists to guide you through your chosen route. Our typical long wheelbase adds elegance and comfort to the ride. Cruising in style with a devilish grin, so to say.
So in consequence we take the oscillating personality of this bike and enhance it in a deliberate play of contrasts: hand polishes high gloss alloy is contrasted with Ritchey black rubber grips. – The racy blue and shiny frame colour finds it opposing mirror in the deep orange suede of the “Selle San Marco Regal Vintage” saddle. – The quite dramatic Miche Skeleton seat post adds its very own dimension to the game.
Add to this the carefully handcrafted frame from the elegant and versatile Dedacciai tubeset, professional track hubs from Miche and a number of other dashing details… – and you have… – voilà – the REPORTER.
REPORTER – Single speed
As a single speed bicycle the REPORTER has a gear ratio of 50 x 18. making it an ideal machine for city and subtle undulating routes.
REPORTER – Shimano Alfine 8-speed
If you prefer a wider range of gearing options, the Shimano Alfine 8-speed is a highly reliable and beautifully made Japanese gear option.
Premium quality, versatility, and effortless operation define the Alfine 8-speed. The clean look and wide-range gearing of the internal hub lets you travel in style and comfort.
Every REPORTER can also be purchased with Gilles Berthoud fenders, rear rack, kick stand, and/or with dynamo powered lights.
- Roadster, handcrafted from Dedacciai tube set
- Gearing options:
- Single speed
- Shimano Alfine 8 speed
- Lugged steel frame, hand-made
- Dedacciai tube set, double butted
- 6mm-thick horizontal dropouts
- Anti-corrosion undercoating plus two layers powder coating
- Available in frame sizes: 21.3”*, 22.4”, 24”, 24.8″* (centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube) (*requires pre-order)
- Headset Tange Seiki, polished alloy
- Racing stem, alloy hand polished
- Handlebar BELLA CIAO Componenti Speciali, CS4A, alloy hand polished, made in Germany
- Brakes Tektro R559, forged alloy, high polish silver with cartridge brake pads in high polish black
- Rims, alloy polished, 28 inch, double wall, eyelets, 2mm stainless spokes
- Tires Schwalbe Durano RaceGuard, creme, 25mm
- Sturmey Archer crankset, alloy polished
- Pedals MKS Sylvan Stream, alloy polished / black
- Sturmey Archer Track, front and rear (when single speed)
- Sturmey Archer Track, front (when Alfine 8 speed)
- Seat post Miche Primato Skeleton, alloy polished
- Selle San Marco Regal – brown suede saddle, Ritchey rubber bar grips, black
- Total weight of bicycle: starting at around 11kg