There is something you can find in Italy that is quite unmatched anywhere else in the world. In Italy you can find engineers who are actually poets. One of such engineers invented the lightweight and elastic steel tube. The INGEGNERE has been named in his honor.
Consequently the BELLA CIAO INGEGNERE is the essence of everything that matters to us. The bike is extremely suitable for everyday use, yet it has the precision of a sports tool.
The INGEGNERE frame is hand made in Italy from the lightweight, double-butted steel tube set Dedacciai Zero Uno which originally had been developed for road racing. As a matter of fact Dedacciai Tube Technology today is the only manufacturer keeping up the great tradition of fully producing in Italy. So not only are our frames hand crafted in the magical country. They are also made from all Italian tubes. And this now results in a difference that you can see and feel. The frame itself is elastic, provides excellent riding comfort, while remaining nimble and snappy with stoic directional stability.
Racing Stem and handlebar CS2A bring the INGEGNERE rider into an ideal position: elegant and upright, yet full of sporty tension.
A total weight starting at 9.8 kg makes the INGEGNERE one of the lightest bikes for the city, and probably the lightest made of steel.
Gearing options (all freewheel):
As a single speed bicycle INGEGNERE has a conversion of 48 to 18. Quite ideal for making route in the city and completely unproblematic for temporarily climbing uphill.
Shimano Alfine 8-speed
If you prefer a wide range of gearing options, Shimano Alfine 8-speed is a highly reliable and beautiful Japan-built component group.
Premium quality, versatility, and effortless operation define the Alfine 8-speed. The clean look and wide-range gearing of the internal hub lets you travel in style and comfort.
Schlumpf Speed Drive
Swiss engineer Florian Schlumpf developed a planetary gearing system integrated into the crank set.
Direct shifting via push buttons or “easy-shift” – levers on both ends of the spindle. No cables, no rods.
Schlumpf Speed Drive has two switch positions: direct drive 1:1, and an overdrive of 1:1.65
Schlumpf Speed Drive lends the bike quite a remarkable acceleration. Ideal for accelerating virtually out of nowhere when shooting through parks and avenues.
The INGEGNERE offers a number of possibilities for individual configuration. E.g. Gilles Berthoud stainless steel fenders, alloy chain guard, rear rack, kick stand, and/or dynamo powered lights.
We also offer a sports pack consisting of Miche Primato track hubs, MKS two-tone pedals silver / black, and Brooks Professional racing saddle. With this upgrade the bike then carries the name INGEGNERE DUE.
For further information please ask your dealer or contact us directly. We’ll assist you gladly.
- Roadster, handcrafted from Dedacciai tube set
- Gearing options:
- Single speed (freewheel)
- Sturmey Archer Duomatic
- Shimano Alfine 8-speed
- Schlumpf Speed Drive
- Lugged steel frame, hand-made
- Dedacciai tube set, double-butted
- 6-mm-thick horizontal dropouts
- Anti-corrosion undercoating plus two layers powder coating
- Available in frame sizes: 21.3”*, 22.4”, 24”, 24.8″* (centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube) (*requires pre-order)
- Headset Tange Seiki, polished alloy
- Racing Stem, alloy polished
- Handlebars BELLA CIAO Componenti Speciali CS2A, alloy polished
- Brakes Tektro R559, forged alloy, high polish silver with cartridge brake pads in high polish black
- Rims polished alloy, 28 inch, double wall, eyelets, 2mm stainless spokes
- Tires Schwalbe Delta Cruiser ‘creme’ or Continental SportContact, Semi-Slicks, 32mm
- Crankset Sturmey Archer Track, alloy polished
- Pedals MKS Sylvan Stream, alloy polished
- Sturmey Archer front and rear track hub
- Brooks B17 leather saddle and hand-sewn, water-resistant goatskin grips
- Total weight of bike: starting at 9.8kg