CORVO CITTA Donna
Rarely in bikes does one finds such a balanced composition of rounded shapes. The upper tube of the frame circles smoothly in the legendary Frascona curve and fenders in frame-colour complete the over-all ‘swing’ of the elegant silhouette.
BELLA CIAO bikes reflect the quintessence of our experience of living, working and cycling in northern Italy for many years. CORVO CITTA Donna is the most beautiful, most classic and most iconic frame for ladies bikes one can find. This frame comes right from the archives of our Italian manufacturer. We carefully optimised it according to today’s needs without sacrificing the elegance of the original concept.
CORVO CITTA Donna is cleanly designed with no exposed nuts, bolts or other annoying sharp edges that snag ones clothing normally found on a ladies bike. With its enclosed colour coordinated chain guard and mudguards there are no worries about getting oil covered clothes or having road dirt or water spayed from the wheels. This bike is designed for extremely low maintenance, with its horizontal dropouts, easy to adjust chain tensioners, gear and brake cable handlebar adjustment. Added to this the Schwalbe Road Cruiser Puncture Protected tyres are renowned for their long life and puncture resistance qualities.
On the comfort side, the ergonomic bars are fitted with hand sewn ”super soft” leather grips with seating being taken care of with the famous Brooks B17 hand sewn water resistant leather saddle.
When one needs to stop at a red light the CORVO CITTA Donna comes with a highly efficient front brake and coaster brake wheelset, the famous back pedal action to apply the rear internal brake. Gearing options are single speed or the highly reliable Shimano Nexus internal hub as 3-speed or as 7-speed.
The name CORVO CITTA is composed from Corvo = Raven and Città = City and stands for that bird, that as a crow chooses the city as its habitat and and which moves freely and joyfully in any terrain.
CORVO CITTA Donna is light, robust and versatile in the unmistakably elegant Italian way.
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Gearing options:
- Single speed (coaster brake)
- Shimano Nexus 3-speed (coaster brake)
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed (coaster brake)
(coaster brake wheelset)
- Lugged steel frame, hand-made
- 6-mm-thick horizontal dropouts
- 3-layer powder coating
- Frame size: 21.3 inch (centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube)
- Handlebars BELLA CIAO Componenti Speciali, silver anodised alloy
- Rims silver anodised alloy, 28 inch, double wall, eyelets, stainless steel spokes
- Tires: Schwalbe Road Cruiser (black) or Delta Cruiser (creme)
- Fenders and chain guard made of sheet steel, painted in frame color
- Shimano front and rear hub
- Brooks B17 leather saddle and hand-sewn, water-resistant leather grips in Honey or Black
- Total weight of bike: ca. 14kg